It is shocking to see that children as young as 5 to 12 are engaging in sex activities here in the Philippines. These kids are often forced by syndicate groups to engage with sex activities in exchange for food and small amount of money. The Philippines are now fourth among ten countries which have the most number of child prostitutes.
The influx of sex tourism that caters to Europeans, Japanese, Caucasians, and other foreigners are the reasons why sex trade of children doesn’t end here in the Philippines. High spending sex tourists are the main patrons for these trade because of instant cash and good business they bring.
The country’s top five locations for child prostitution are Metro Manila, Angeles City, Puerto Galera in Mindoro province, Davao and Cebu. There are also 37 provinces here in the Philippines where sex trade are rapidly growing very fast.
The rapid growth of sexually transmitted diseases are also very alarming as pills and condoms are unknown to these child sex workers. Some even say that they drink water with detergent in the belief that these would prevent sexually transmitted disease. Gonorrhea, Syphilis and HIV are the top diseases that endanger those child sex workers.
In order to eradicate child prostitution in the Philippines once and for all, I think giving education and livelihood programs to these children are the best solution rather than trying to catch those syndicate groups which are even protected by high ranking officials.
- Thailand offers to help Philippines on its Cyber Education Program ~ Latest News 12 Dec, at 01 : 34 AM
- Education for “Scavenger Families” ~ Latest News 10 Dec, at 06 : 02 AM
- Street Children ~ Latest News, Videos 7 Dec, at 13 : 09 PM
- Child Labor ~ Latest News 6 Dec, at 10 : 59 AM
- Essence of Chrismas for Unpreviledged Families ~ Latest News, Proverty in Philippines 30 Nov, at 05 : 04 AM